S-10 V8 Evaporator CoverS10-131
Why You Might Need One. Stealth Conversion's evaporator housing cover provides clearance for the passenger's side exhaust manifold and the passenger's side valve cover when installing a V8 into an S-10 Truck. See Chapter 7 in JTR's Chevrolet S-10 Truck V8 Conversion Manual.
- Mark the evaporator housing cover (as shown on the left above.) Carefully cut the evaporator cover with a cut-off tool, making sure to use a shallow cut so as not to damage the evaporator. The cutting procedure produces a lot of dust and small particles. Be sure to wear proper eye protection and a respirator.
- Fit the stealth conversions evaporator cover onto the S-Truck's evaporator cover. Trim the S-Truck's evaporator cover so that the Stealth Conversions cover fits neatly.
- Most likely, the cover will not fit perfectly flat against the fiberglass surface. Carefully bend and form the metal cover so that it fits perfectly onto the S-Truck's evaporator cover. This will take a few minutes. Take your time and do it right.
- After you are sure the stealth conversions cover fits perfectly onto the S-Truck's evaporator cover, apply generous quantities of clear silicone sealant to fasten the metal cover to the fiberglass cover. Do not use high-temperature silicone sealant or oil-resistant sealant because they don't work as well as clear silicone sealant in this application.
- Secure the metal cover to the fiberglass cover with tape until the silicone sealant cures.
- Remove the tape and seal all gaps, seams, and voids with silicone sealant.
S10 2WD Extended Cab Driveshaft Alignment Kit for 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder, and V8
Regular price $6500 $65.00